Our draft accountabilities are:
- Work with industry to ensure they have the knowledge, capability and confidence to promote culture of accountability for safety, including working with regional service providers
- Ensuring industry is complying with their safety obligations and wider requirements of the act and regulation through safety auditing, advisory visits, education campaigns, on-road compliance and investigations.
- Provide easy to use online safety tools to assist industry manage their safety duties
- Advise the Minister for Transport and Roads on passenger and booking service matters
- Work with other divisions in TfNSW to address any point to point transport issues
- Ensure adequate access to services for people requiring wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Administer the authorisation, licencing and passenger service levy schemes